Compassionate Attorneys Defending the Prisoner’s Rights of West Palm Beach Inmates
Being sentenced to prison does not mean you or your loved ones aren’t afforded rights and protections designed to keep you safe and free from barbaric punishment. Whatever circumstances took place to result in incarceration don’t matter — you deserve to be treated justly and fairly.
Incarceration in Florida
Unfortunately, Florida has the third largest incarcerated population in the nation. That means there are upwards of 100,000 people at any given time serving time in state and county prisons. The attorneys at Thompson & Thomas, P.A. are committed to helping inmates and their families stop and correct any illegal treatment they receive while in jail.
You Deserve to be Safe & Cared For
While we won’t enumerate every tenet of prisoner’s rights law on this page, the basic concepts include that prisoners cannot be subjected to:
- Cruel and unusual punishment: this can be interpreted to mean any inhumane conditions and treatment
- Punishment or inhumane treatment while awaiting trial
- Sexual harassment or abuse
- Punishment for expressing or reporting inadequate prison facilities or treatment
- Denial of necessary accommodations afforded under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Denial of timely and adequate medical and mental healthcare
Get the Help You Need
If you or your loved one has suffered injustices, such as wrongful death or the denial of crucial medical care while incarcerated, you deserve to be compensated fairly for the failings of the justice system. Our compassionate and competent attorneys will fight on your behalf to ensure the wrongs endured are corrected. Contact us today to get started with a free consultation, and remember, you are not alone.